Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

NFL football has started. Dobby experienced his first game here, with me yelling at the TV. Any other sport I don't do much yelling, but Packer games, yeah, I yell. I was not happy with some of the officiating. That is all I will say.  

Dobby survived, he wasn't sitting near me during the game. During the part of the Monday night game I watched he was on the back of the chair. 

The weather has turned fall like. Much cooler, less humid. I woke up on Monday and the thermometer said 48F! Plus it is a bit rainy this week. 

We tried the library trivia again on Monday and weren't impressed, again. They asked for feedback after the first one, but they did change anything. They had a decent turn out but the one at the local bar is more fun. We end up scoring about the same at both places. The bar is also more fun as we can flirt with the cute wait staff guys.  


Wrecked - looks at the economic impact of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald while trying to bring political impacts such as declining unionization and industrialization. Interesting but in some cases I didn't always feel that the material he was presenting was something I wanted to read about in the context of the tragedy. 

Read Your Mind - You have probably seen the author on TV, figuring out what someone is thinking. He says he reads people versus reading their minds. Sort of a memoir along with giving tips on how to improve your ability to read people. 

Traitor King - a joint look at the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, beginning with his abdication in December 1936. The conclusion of the author is that with their Nazi sympathies they were used or tried to be used to influence the British during World War II. As such the British government did their best to keep them well away from any sphere of influence. After the war they lived a life of spoiled rich people, who were bored and in return were boring!

The Look - the evolution of Michelle Obama and her wardrobe as First Lady as well as the team that help with makeup and hair. Lots of pictures of the various clothing she wore, gowns and casual during her time in the White House.  




That means I am tired and need to quit reading!

 Happy Reading.  
 

Comments

  1. whitefizh wednezday wavez two ewe N mum dood…bak in de day, de gurl N her gram paw all wayz watched notre dame…mor swearz werdz flew than pazzez ‼️😸🧑🀍🀍🧑🐾

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments on books or crochet projects. Or tell me what you are reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Time

Crochet

Crochet