Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Things are starting to change, the humidity is dropping as is the temperature. It may be another week before we get what I call nice fall weather. That would be cool not humid. 

I was looking at a website I check for sun and moon rising and setting data. At the beginning of the month we had 13 hours and 13minutes of possible daylight. At the end of the month, just 11 hours and 49 minutes! Wow, losing a bunch of daylight in one month. The other night it was so dark out I figured it was bedtime, it was only 8:30! 

School is fully in session now for all students. I haven't been out early enough in the morning to see a change in traffic patterns. I know my route to my doctor's office goes by a school, so I try not to schedule things where I get caught in the drop off lines. 

Pro football season starts with a game tonight. Plus the end of the baseball season. Good thoughts for the Packers and hoping the Brewers make it to the post season. Less reading time, gotta watch my games! 

A Wrench in the Works - Shannon's younger sister Chloe is is town to film an episode of her home makeover show. When the executive producer is found dead in the home that is supposed to be worked on; her husband the co-star of the show is found drugged, then another body is found on the front steps. Chloe seems to be the prime suspect but Shannon is out to prove she is innocent. 

The Greatest Sentence Ever Written - is a short book by the writer Walter Isaacson. One sentence taken from an important document to the United States and it isn't even the first sentence, but the second. 

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

It explains the reasoning behind the language, shows the edits from the original draft, the final draft and some of the works on which Jefferson and others used to draw inspiration and guidance for the document.

The Book Artist - A Hugo Marston mystery. Hugo is asked to pick up a US artist for a party at the embassy. She really doesn't want to go to the party so they just have dinner. Next day at the opening of her exhibit, she is found dead in a back room. Who did it? Her step-brother, her backers, her other artist friend, some stranger? Lots of twists. 

Injustice - an interesting look at the US Department of Justice and the FBI as they were in the late first Trump administration, then during the Biden years how they investigated the various potential crimes of the 2020 election, the taking of the classified documents to Mar-A-Lago and then the retribution now being done through those agencies against those who are against Trump. 

 





 

Happy Reading 

Comments

  1. whitefizh wednezday wavez dobby N mum. skewlz been gpin on heer bout a month now, N evereee day eye haz mizzed de buz ‼️😸😸😸🐾 book one haza lot goin on in one houz…may bee de houz iz haunted πŸ™€πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ˜Έ‼️🧑🀍🀍🧑🐾

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ordered a four-book series from the library; actual books, because they aren't available as audiobooks. Will have to find a quitter strip, from the multitude of them that I have everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Greatest Sentence is one I will look for when I have time. Enjoy your games!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments on books or crochet projects. Or tell me what you are reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Time

Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Crochet Time