Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

Our primary election was last week Tuesday. I had hoped for maybe a few days of no political commercials. That would be a big fat NO! The continued lies and distortions are crazy, mostly coming from third party groups, not the actual candidates. I will continue to watch TV the way I usually do, record it and fast forward through the commercials. Watching minimal TV news as well. 

Today is a scheduled lunch date with a few of my long time friends from our car racing. None of us are doing many events anymore, age, mobility and various health issues keep us at home. Looking forward to catching up with everyone. 

Some crazy weather on Tuesday evening. Severe weather warnings, thunderstorms and tornados. I had brief heavy rain and wind for maybe a minute or two. No damage here.  

The humidity is getting lower which makes it easier to be outside. I actually grilled on Sunday evening, even though it was still a bit humid. I had a craving for grilled food. One thing I am bummed about this summer is that I can't find the variety of eggplant I like. I use Graffiti eggplant, purple and white stripey skin, maybe a half pound total weight. So just enough for one person which means no waste.  

Watching the Brewer's baseball game on Tuesday, multiple 3 run home runs, 22, yes, 22 runs in the game and it was a shut out. Crazy game!

The Missing Corpse - a missing corpse, another corpse and something funny is going on within the oyster industry. Why are the two dead people from Scotland? What did they have to do with the oyster industry? I learned more about oysters that I needed to know. 

The Paris Librarian - a Hugo Marston mystery. Hugo runs into Merlyn who was in a previous book. She is with her friend Miki who is researching a woman who just donated, some, but not all of her papers to The American Library in Paris. When the director of the library is found dead, things start to get fishy. Then a few more dead bodies. I did figure out who done it, but not the why!

The Inherited Mind - an interesting book by James Longman, who is currently a reporter for ABC News. His area of expertise is the middle east as he is of Lebanese descent on his mother's side. He looks at his own life and that of his father who had been diagnosed with depression and schizophrenia, and who committed suicide when James was nine. Looking at mental health can be inherited and just how much is environmental. 

 




Recent article in the New York Times discussing if it was OK to not finish a book. Depends on the reader, but if the story and or the characters are not interesting, I am moving on to a new book. I can tell when a book isn't        catching my interest in that I don't make time in the day to read it!             

Yes I can read a whole book in a day! Many years ago when I first got cable TV I had to be home and wait ALL day for them to show up. I was reading Noble House by James Clavell. I got through the entire book as it was such an interesting book. Plus the cable guy never showed up, even though they claimed he did. Where I was sitting I could see the street, doorbell never rang. They did show up the next weekend! 

Happy Reading 

Comments

  1. Have no qualms about DNF'ing a book. If the characters don't interest me, or the storyline goes into territory that I don't find entertaining, then onto the next book on my list.
    There's a trend that I've discovered in series, where the main characters in the first few books are swapped out for other characters later on, and that bums me out. Strange. I've DNF'd one series because the 'new' main characters weren't anywhere as interesting as the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dobby…wednesday white fizh wavez two ewe N mum…eye sur hope when de grill
    waz fired up, mum seered a nice perch for ewe…wazte oh coalz other wize 😸😸😸😸‼️
    onlee thing eye noe bout oysturrz iz eye haz never had one N de gurl canna con soom em
    🐾🧑🀍🀍🧑

    ReplyDelete
  3. The politicking never stops, it’s awful.

    Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh yes indeed: I can definitely read a whole book in a day!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments on books or crochet projects. Or tell me what you are reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Time

Crochet

Crochet