Wonderful Wordy Wednesday

So far this year I have read 104 books and working on 105. Weather has been good but even so I have been inside reading. This week the temperatures are maxing out around 80F which is just fine with me, it is still humid out.  

Last Saturday as I went out to spray the wasps that had decided to try to live in my back doorway and patio box, I saw a lovely lady monarch butterfly. There is some milkweed just around the corner if you need something to eat or want to lay some eggs to make more butterflies.  

We met for trivia this week and had our usual results. There were only three teams so everyone was going to get a prize. We ended up with best team name, "The Space Cadets" as we all seemed to be spacing out at times. I opened my purse and thought I had forgotten my phone when it was sitting right in front of me. We wrote an answer down wrong, writing down the question not the answer. Oh well, as always we had fun.  Why so few teams? We think because State Fair is going on. The whole place was slow in terms of customers. 

Our primary election was on Tuesday, maybe we can get a mini break from all of the political advertising for a little bit. I sure hope so.  

Deck the Hallways - installment of the Fixer-Upper Mysteries. It is eleven days before Christmas with Shannon and other contractors working to fix up the rehab on a huge house. They are converting it into affordable housing units and want to be done for move in on Christmas Eve. Only issue is a dead body that puts some of the house off limits. 

The Wounded Generation - the stories of what happened to all of the service men and women who came home from World War II. The "Greatest Generation" had their trials, some of which were not acknowledge at the time. PTSD, housing shortages, lack of jobs, discrimination for the minorities. Yes, things like the GI Bill help, but it help some more than others. Interesting reading to read what happened AFTER they came home. 


 






Happy Reading 

Comments

  1. Our primary was last week, and the political ads stopped...for a few days.
    DNF'd a popular book this morning; the characters were not interesting, and I didn't care what happened to any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whitefizh wednesday wavez dobby N mum…trout townez got nothin but rain …. eye will
    bee abe bull ta fizh out de front window πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€ good for mum N her teem on ther trivia name…
    de gurl juzt finished a murder she wrote N peepulz waz bee in slayed…left N right ….happee day two ewe both ‼️🐾🧑🀍🀍🧑😸

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you have milkweed in your garden, it’s good to encourage the Butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments on books or crochet projects. Or tell me what you are reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Time

Crochet

Crochet