Wonderful Wordy Wednesday
Made it to August! For some the beginning of school very soon, or at least getting prepared for it. School supply sales at all the stores. I checked, I have enough pens and papers to hold me for another year or so.
We did get more rain last week, over 3 inches in my rain gauge, so my grass is looking green again. The next time the lawn service shows up they can actually mow it! Weather is for the most part warm and a little humid, with a day here and there of coolness. I did see a tree yesterday that the leaves looked to be turning, but that might be from stress of so little rain in early July.
Another of the houses is getting a new roof. They showed up on Tuesday AM and started taking off the old shingles. It is the same group that did the other house a month ago. Interesting is that they put out a sign that says "X company" is doing the contracting, but the trucks all say a different company name. Do they subcontract our their jobs? I personally don't like that, I want to deal directly with the people who are going to be working on my house.
The Reluctant Matador - a Hugo Marston novel. Hugo is meeting the daughter of a friend for breakfast but she doesn't show. She has been trying to get into modeling but Hugo thinks she may have been tricked into a much seedier profession. When he discovers she may be in Barcelona, he goes there to see if he can find her and discovers all sorts of shady enterprises.
The Fleur de Sel Murders - Dupin has been asked by a journalist friend to check out the salt marshes. He does and is shot at and wounded. This starts a three day whirlwind case to find out who shot at Dupin and why? Is someone trying to contaminate the marshes, put someone out of business. When the journalist is found murdered things take a huge twist.
Booking for Trouble - the latest installment of the Library Lovers Mystery series. A local elected official has it out for the library wanting to close it to save money. He wants his property taxes lower, oh yeah, he is a wealthy man. Meanwhile Lindsay is looking to expand library services by starting a mobile book boat to visit the residents on the islands. Only problem is that Lindsay finds a dead body.
John Williams: A Composer's Life - a biography of the composer of many of our favorite movie music. Star Wars, Jaws, ET, Harry Potter and many others. More interested in his early life and how he got into doing movie music, so the later part of the books going through all of his various films was a bit of a drag. At 94 he is still active and composing.
Happy Reading.





wednezday white fizh wavez dobby N mum….treez bee loozin leevez heer two…lotta bad air lazt month….even de burd bathe waza hot mezz everee day for awhile …984 PAWZ UP two mizztur williamz…glad him iz still abe bull ta due what him N joyz π§‘π€π€π§‘πΈπΎ‼️
ReplyDeleteAll titles that I've not heard of; I love that!
ReplyDeleteI'd asked the librarian if I could suggest some titles of books, ebooks, and audiobooks, and so far, she's ordering most of them.
That means other patrons can enjoy them too; but now my TBR list is ginormous.
I'm glad you got rain, we did, too. Happy Reading!
ReplyDelete