Crochet Time - For Me!
Yes, I do make things for myself when I need to. Not everything is donated! Last fall I bought myself a new winter fleece jacket and needed a hat that would match.
I stopped at a higher end yarn shop and bought the two colors below. The jacket is the background. I bought two skeins of each color, knowing that one hat would use maybe half of a skein.
I used the color on the left to make the first hat last fall shortly after I got the yarn and put the others on the shelf for later.
Here are the combo hats. The top one is a combo using the predominantly blue skeins. So you get the mix of the various colors that are mostly blue, magenta along with some green and yellow.
The bottom two are combos of the blue and brown skeins. I love the way the colors meld together even though they are from very different skeins. They are nice and thick, and warm. They are all going into my bag that I take to the race track with the extra stuff. You know, hats (of all types), gloves, rain gear, etc.
Thinking I might like to do a scarf, so I may have to do a mini-road trip to the store. Hmm, combine it with a stop at some near by friends for a lunch date. But then again, I don't know that I need another scarf as I don't wear them that often. Time will tell!
For now it is time to take a bit of a crochet break and give the old hands a rest from working! I can take up making blankets as the weather cools off and football season starts.
Happy Weekend.





Those hats are really beautiful. Also love the photo of the photobomb of the kitty feet. 🧡🧡
ReplyDeleteYes, the colors melt well into each other! You have a good eye for color.
ReplyDeletefry day flounder wavez two ewe dobby….see yur feetz dood…N mum two….her hatz terned out
ReplyDeletegrate, nice ta see her did sum thin nice for her self….happee week end 🧡🤍🤍🧡😸‼️🐾
These are beautiful. A scarf would round them out nicely, if you decided to make one.
ReplyDelete