Wonderful Wordy Wednesday
Oh yeah, back in the heat and humidity. As I was driving around on Tuesday afternoon my car thermometer was bouncing between 100 and 101, way too hot! Looking forward to September when things get down into the range I like. When I can open the windows and not have the AC start running.
So inside, watching a bit of the World Cup, baseball all star game and catching up on stuff I recorded off the TV. Plus reading, always reading.
Our group skipped trivia this week. One member is on her usual trip to the cottage up in northern Wisconsin with family. Another is entertaining friends from out of town.
Had to do a bit of driving off the usual path yesterday. On my way to an appointment things were bogged down in a major intersection because of an accident. I found my way through the sub-division and to an alternate route. On the way home things got bogged down because the road is now restricted because of repaving. Again, I turned off and found my way through the side streets. Tonight I looked at the map of the local streets to find a good way around this as it will be bad for at least the next month. Thank goodness for GPS and maps on the car.
A Collection of Lies - Kate and Tom are on their honeymoon in Devon, and working to prove the history of a dress for a museum. While there the donor of the dress is murdered. Is the dress a real or manufactured artifact and how does it relate to the murder.
Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone - the jacket said this was like a combo of Knives Out, Clue and combined with Agatha Christie. I personally couldn't get into the book as the writing style wasn't conducive to the way I like to read. I had other books by this author on my TBR list, will remove them.
The Potting Shed Murder - Daphne and family give up the expensive and hectic life of south London for the open country of Norfolk. The family thrives and Daphne sets up a new business. Plus she gets involved in murder cases. The weird thing about this book is that there isn't as much dialog, lots of narrative of what is happening. I found it strange.
Same is true for library book sales. Rarely are items much more than $1 or $2. I prefer to borrow and return.
Happy Reading.





dont think there’s not a road, street, highway in the whole of trout, that’s not under construction…πΎπΎπΎ thought maybe book two was a diary of a mob family !!! books here, Im selfish, buy em used at small business sellers at discounted prices , read, stow away, then get back out to read again another day ‼️‼️ gotta keep em ~~~~~
ReplyDeletedobby, ewe N mum stay chillaxi buddy π§‘π€π€π§‘πΎπΈ‼️
Buying books is no fun; where would I put them?
ReplyDeleteThe library is the place!
My sympathy on the construction and having to go around, we've got that here (it's been going on for almost two years and has another year).
ReplyDeleteThank you for the smiles, and I do love the library book sale.
I'm happy using the library. I don't actually pine to buy fiction books - I read them quickly and it would become very expensive if I had to buy them, albeit that at only $1 each, I guess I would be tempted.
ReplyDeleteMegan
Sydney, Australia