Wonderful Wordy Wednesday
More beautiful summer weather, a bit of rain here and there but nothing major. Temperatures just where I like them as well. Lots of open windows for me and Dobby. Supposed to get hot next week.
Sort of noisy in the neighborhood, the street behind me is getting worked on, so big truck noises. Beeping when they back up. I should walk over and check out exactly what they are doing. Two houses also getting new roofs. Not that bad and it is only during the day, evenings are quiet.
The library sent out a review on what we thought of the trivia. So I got our feedback together and sent it in. Overall it was fine, just needs a few tweaks to make it better. Hope they do it again.
Plus lots of time for reading, let's see what I have this week.
The Girls Who Stepped Out of Line - written by a retired Army Major General, it relates over a dozen stories of women who stepped up for duty in World War II. Not just in the military, but privately as well. Nurses, pilots, map makers, code breakers, spys, helping refugees, resistance and hiding the vulnerable. Also a look forward to those who are stepping out of line now.
He Started It - Three siblings on a road trip to fulfill their grandfather's final wishes. They must do this to get their inheritance. Keeping secrets, trying to forget memories of a previous roadtrip. Many twists and a strange ending. I have read three books by this author, the first one was the best.
Truly - an enjoyable memoir by Lionel Richie. Covering his early life in Tuskegee, Alabama through the formation of his early musical groups. The Commodores and on to his solo career. Open about the highs and lows of his career, mental and physical issues that have bothered him over the years. He continues to be active in performing. One celebrity book that I didn't feel like they needed to be edited down!
Happy Reading





Nowaday, I hesitate to start a series if it's not already done! Waiting to the next book, then the next...oy, that's so hard!!!
ReplyDeletewhitefizh wavez two ewe N mum dobby…de noiz will stop just in time fir firez werkz
ReplyDeletenext week end π‘π‘π‘π‘ tell mum if de gurl N her siblingz waz ona road trip…they
wood killz each other N knot hafta wunder bout an inn heritantz ‼️‼️ππΎπ§‘π€π€π§‘
I'm glad you and Dobby are getting open window time while the weather's good.
ReplyDeleteThe books you read always make me want to read more.