Wonderful Wordy Wednesday
Happy Heavenly birthday to my mother, you have been gone longer that I had you with me!
Life is quiet for the most part. Although this past weekend there were two incidents, one a road rage issue, the other a son driving a car over this father. Both of these happened within a half mile from where I live! Sheesh, things around here are usually so quiet in my neighborhood. From what I understand none of these people lived around here. No one is in custody at this time either.
Wonderful summer weather, at least for me. Warm enough, not humid, a few rain showers. I don't do heat!.
Hockey and basketball seasons are finally done. Baseball is in full gear and I am not into the FIFA thing.
Crowned and Moldering - third installment of the Fixer-Upper mysteries. Shannon starts working on restoring the old lighthouse mansion. They find a stuck dumb waiter, when they get it unstuck they find skeletal human remains. Who is it and how did they die?
The Blood Promise - a Hugo Marston mystery. Hugo is tasked with baby sitting an US Senator who is in France to attend negotiations. A senator who has expressed dislike for non-US people. He claims his room was entered at the chateau where the talks were happening, but what was the evidence. Plus he goes missing for a few days. A couple of deaths that also seem to be liked to the talks.
Through the Evil Days - Clare and Russ are called to an arson investigation, in which they find two bodies, both shot in the head. Missing is a child the couple was fostering. In the dead of winter they try to take their honeymoon, but things are happening around them they can't control. I personally liked this series better in the early books. Some of the recent plots are a bit stretched to me.
The Women with Silver Wings - the story of the women who stepped up and volunteered to fly planes around the United States during World War II. Their love of flying, their training and duties during the war. Plus the time after the war for which they continued to fight for recognition not as civilians but veterans. Which took more than 30 years after the war ended.
Happy Reading.
Happy Reading.




happy birthday too your mum !
ReplyDeletewhitefizh wavez two ewe dobby N mum…eye think peepulz haz loozed ther mindz…sum one
waz walkin down de street over at gramz mawz houz thiz morn…yellin bout hiz american ritez…
he waz yellin at werkerz installin cay bull linez…..we wood like ta livez ina lite houz..with out bonez tho πΈ‼️πΎπ§‘π€π€π§‘
Happy Reading and baseball watching to you!
ReplyDeleteI don't stay up all night, but I certainly up much later than I should very frequently!
ReplyDeleteMegan
Sydney, Australia
I don't stay up all night, but I certainly up much later than I should very frequently!
ReplyDeleteMegan
Sydney, Australia
Happy Heavenly Birthday to your mother.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of these authors, but the Fixer-Upper Mystery reminded me of a series that I liked: Haunted Home Renovation series by Juliet Blackwell.
The audiobook narrator is Xe Sands, who is fantastic, and I'll listen to an audiobook with her narration anytime.