Crochet Time - Kids Hats -Batch 3A

The weather has been delightful for the past few days. A bit cooler but warm enough for me, low humidity and good air quality. Windows open, so you can hear birds singing and all of the other neighborhood noises. It will be getting warm again next week

Megan, yes, I know many people do not allow their cats up on the kitchen counters. I have always let my boys go where they want to, even on the kitchen counters. I can't always be around to shoo them off, especially when I was working or asleep. If I am going to use the counter to cook, I just clean it off first.  

Mid to end of June while I was working on these. All of which I didn't have enough for a full hat of one color. Also not wanting to do a mash up by combing colors.  

The top six rows are the increase rows and those are done in the neutral. Then switch to the colored yarn until it is used up. Back to the neutral to finish off however many rows needed to get the hat to the needed length. 
 


 All in all it feels good to use up all of the bits and bobs of extra yarn and make something useful. 

I also made a trek to a local high end yarn shop that I found on line. Very small space in a building that most tenants are businesses like insurance guys. One room had most of the current yarn, another that a half dozen women were gather working on their stitchery, the final one with odds and ends, mostly books they are trying to get rid of. 

I saw lots of pretty but expensive yarn, nothing I was willing to splurge on as I really don't have anything I want to make for myself. At the prices for their yarn my typical blanket project would cost me $300 in yarn! Wow!






 Happy Weekend!

Comments

  1. Yikes! Who are these people that crochet expensive projects?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. flounder fry day wavez two ewe N mum dobby…thiz batch oh hatz iz sooper cool with de
    stripez …‼️😸N yea…. 300 billz izza lot oh cash fora blankit…bee sidez, look at all de treetz
    it wood buyz ewe … happee week end 🧑🀍🀍🧑😸🐾‼️‼️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recall visiting a high-end yarn shop, where they had hand-spun this and mohair that.
    It was interesting, but I didn't buy a thing either.
    Cute hats; the break in the colors is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments on books or crochet projects. Or tell me what you are reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Time

Crochet

Crochet